Welcome to the Season of Epiphany
Epiphany is a season of revelation, beginning with the journey of the Magi to Bethlehem to worship the Christ child. It is also a season of introspection and self-revelation. What is God revealing to us about us in this season as we continue to worship the Christ child?
Stu Strachan Jr. & Scott Bullock
- Summary of the Text
- Key Quote
- Key Illustration
- More Illustration and Quote Themes
- Liturgical Elements
Schedule of Services
- January 6: Epiphany of the Lord: Matthew 2:1-12
- January 10: First Sunday after the Epiphany: The Baptism of the Lord: Mark 1:4-11
- January 17: Second Sunday after the Epiphany: 1 Samuel 3:1-20
- January 24: Third Sunday after the Epiphany: Mark 1:14-20
- January 31: Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany: 1 Corinthians 8:1-13
- February 7: Fifth Sunday after the Epiphany: Mark 1:29-39
- February 14: Transfiguration Sunday: Mark 9:2-9
The Latest From Our Blog
Check out articles, featured illustrations, and book reviews on all different topics related to ministry.
At work, I am more than just a nurse. I am the hands and feet of God. … I am trying to be family to them. Faith is giving me strength to do that. The congregational response to this young woman’s testimony, spoken during an online worship service in the first months...
Who is David Beckham? Is he the self-absorbed, fame-seeking, Calvin Klein underwear model, husband of a former Spice Girl, always looking to be the center of attention? Or is he something else? Were the snapshots and the soundbites on television and the internet fair...
Have you ever been talking with someone, and as they listened, you felt like you were the only person in the room? The listener had no sense of needing to be elsewhere. They had no sense of needing to interrupt you. They simply listened. How did that feel? On the...